Your privacy is critically important to us.
GEEKKO SA Switzerland (“GEEKKO”) built the SATPILE mobile application (“SATPILE APP”) as a free application and the SATPILE.com website (“WEBSITE”) as an information platform, collectively called hereafter “SERVICES”. These SERVICES are provided by GEEKKO at no cost and are intended for use as is.
The app may use the third party service EXPO, which may collect information used to identify you.
We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our SERVICES. This is why we keep it to a strict minimum. We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired SERVICES.
Links to Other Sites
What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect this information from two sources: 1) if and when you provide information to us, and 2) automatically through operating our SERVICES.
1) Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- SATPILE does NOT require you to create an account in order to use the website nor the application.
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something from us, we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made.
- Communications with us: You may also provide us with information when you communicate with our engineers about a support question, or sign up for our newsletter. When you communicate with us via form, email, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications.
2) Information We Collect Automatically
- Web logs information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Web Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How and Why We Use Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by providing automatic upgrades and new versions of our Services. Or, for example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and that will help them create and manage websites more efficiently or make our Services easier to use.
- To market our Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users, advertising our Services, analyzing the results of our marketing campaigns, and understanding and forecasting user retention.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of SATPILE and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customize the user experience. For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to keep you up to date on our SERVICES. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt out, we may still send you important updates relating to security, for instance.)
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or
We do NOT share information with third parties, except when required to by law.
Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
We have a long-standing policy that we do not sell our users’ data. We aren’t a data broker, we don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and we don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it and we’re not legally required to keep it.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit access to information on your mobile device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the option to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you choose to limit this, you may not be able to use certain features, like geotagging for photographs.
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
- You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Contacting Us About These Rights
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, otherwise please feel free to reach us.
When you contact us about one of your rights under this section, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your account. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorization. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
How to Reach Us
Third-Party Software and Services
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Creative Commons Sharealike License
Your continued use of our services will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us at https://geekko.com.
This policy is effective as of 1st April 2020.